Learn how to understand and effectively write SQL Queries to interact with databases and build powerful datasets.
The whole course also only uses resources that are available to all operating systems so that you can follow along from Windows, Linux or MacOS.
There are 3 different levels you will go through in your journey to becoming a SQL Expert.
The learning objectives below outline what you will learn and be able to do and understand at the end of each section.
- Create resources
- View, add and delete data stored in database tables
- Filter, sort, summarize and aggregate data from tables
- Combine data from different tables
- Affect the way data is stored and accessed with indexes
- Use built in SQL Functions to transform and format data
- Create indexes and understand how they work
- Use window functions to access data from other rows in the dataset
- Store query logic inside of stored procedures and access then with dynamic filters
- Improve query performance with temporary tables and nested queries
If you are new to programming, or just new to SQL you will get a floor up explanation of everything you need to know to write clean and powerful SQL Queries and Datasets for Applications, Reporting, or Data Analysis.
If you already know some SQL, you will get a great reference for anything that is new to you!
By the end of the course your SQL toolbox will be full of great tools to transform, manage, and read data using Structured Query Language.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to learn about SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Anyone interested in building datasets for Data Analysis, Reporting, or DataWarehouse management
- Anyone Interested in persistent data storage for application development
- Must have basic computer skills, and a desire to learn SQL
- Must have a computer to follow the course on
Last Updated 4/2023