For Makers and DIY enthusiasts who want to take their Internet of Things (IoT) projects into their own hands.
Welcome to my online course on Node-RED, MQTT and ESP32! Designed specifically for Makers and DIY enthusiasts, this course gives you the opportunity to take your projects to the next level by combining Node-RED, MQTT and ESP32.
Node-RED is a visual programming environment that allows projects to be created easily and intuitively without the need for in-depth programming knowledge. MQTT is a lightweight protocol for data transmission in IoT networks, with which end devices can be connected quickly and easily. The great advantage of MQTT is that transmission is possible in near real time. The ESP32 is a powerful microcontroller that is ideal for IoT projects thanks to its integrated WiFi and Bluetooth support.
In this course you will learn how to use Node-RED to control and regulate your ESP32-based projects and exchange data via MQTT. You will learn how to build your own IoT network, collect data from sensors and visualise it in real time with actual programs like InfluxDB or Grafana. You will also learn how to monitor and control your projects via the internet and retrieve data from anywhere in the world.
This course is ideal for Makers and DIY enthusiasts who want to take control of their projects and deepen their knowledge of the Internet of Things with MQTT and Node-RED. The combination of Node-RED, MQTT and ESP32 gives you the flexibility and power you need to turn your projects into reality.
What you learn:
- Node-RED Installation and Setup
- Mosquitto MQTT Broker, Grafana and InfluxDB as well as MariaDB with Adminer
- All microservices are also shown with the Docker variant.
- Implementation of ESP32 projects with PlatformIO
- Combination of ESP32, MQTT and Node-RED
- State of the Art ESP32 Programming with C++
- After this course you will be able to implement your own IoT projects
So let’s get started and learn how you can create your own IoT projects!
Markus Edenhauser, MA MSc
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in IoT development
- All Makers who want to realise their projects themselves
- Developers who are interested in being able to control their own microcontrollers via a dashboard
- Anyone who wants to understand, apply and write their own practical projects with microcontrollers.
- First experience with ESP32
- First experience in the Linux world helpful
- Be able to build simple circuits.
Last Updated 3/2023