.NET 5 is the future.
It will combine the old .NET framework with .NET Core and that’s why it’s about time to update this course with the latest version of .NET.
You will learn the crucial stuff about web development with Web API and Entity Framework in .NET 5 in no time so that you’re able to join new projects and companies who are craving for .NET developers like you very soon.
With the example application, we’re going to build you will be able to create, read, update, and delete contacts. We will use people you might even know, like Peter Parker or Tony Stark.
The tools we’re going to use are the .NET SDK, of course, together with Visual Studio to write our code, Postman to make our REST calls and SQL Server Express for our database.
Everything is available for free! So you already have everything you need to start developing with .NET 5.
A few minutes into the course, you will already make your first Web API call.
After that you create your own model and controller to make use of the Model-View-Controller pattern and implement all CRUD operations, meaning create, read, update and delete with the corresponding HTTP methods GET, POST, PUT and DELETE.
Then you will make your data persistent with the help of the object-relational mapper Entity Framework and code-first migration.
With all that knowledge, you are ready to conquer any .NET 5 back end application.
What You Will Learn
- Download & install the .NET 5 SDK, Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition & Postman
- Create your first Web API call within the first minutes
- Initialize a Git repository for your source control
- The Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern
- Create models and controllers
- Attribute routing (with parameters)
- All CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- The HTTP request methods GET, POST, PUT & DELETE
- Code-First Migration
- SQL Server Express
- How to use a DataContext and a proper ConnectionString
- All previous HTTP requests with Entity Framework to save your data in a SQL Server database
My name is Patrick and I will be your instructor in this course. I’m a web developer for over a decade now, I have worked for big corporations and small teams, as an employee and a contractor and I just love to see the way Microsoft is going with .NET and how important it gets day by day.
To this date, I was able to run seven courses on web development here on Udemy about NET Core, single-page applications, Angular, and DevOps with a total of almost 50.000 unique students and more than 4.000 reviews.
If you have any questions, feel free to connect.
And if you still have any doubts, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
So, I hope you’re ready for your new skills and your new projects! 😉
I’m looking forward to seeing you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for students who want to use .NET 5 to build a RESTful web service for their web application and save the data persistently with the help of Entity Framework and SQL Server
- You should have a little experience in C#
Last Updated 7/2020