Welcome to Tracking Cryptocurrency Price Data with Python course. This is an extensive project based course where you will be guided step by step on how to create cryptocurrency’s latest price tracking system from scratch using Python programming language alongside with other libraries, such as request and JSON. Regarding the data, we will mainly use CoinMarketCap API which offers you a basic plan and it’s free of charge. In addition to the pricing, CoinMarketCap which has also been well known as one of the most popular websites to track crypto price provides you with real time and constantly updated data which they state for most API endpoints, the data is updated every single minute. At the end of the course, we will also learn how to display cryptocurrency price data from CoinMarketCap on Google Sheet by connecting to API extension features.
Although this project sounds pretty complex and requires advanced programming skills, that is actually not the case since this course was created and designed for beginners. Even if you do not have previous programming experience, there is nothing you should worry about since this course also comes with a Python warm up session which will certainly teach and provide you with all the basics that you need to excel on this project.
Below are things you can expect to learn by building cryptocurrency price tracker:
- In the Project
- Learn how to build user friendly crypto price data tracker
- Learn how to connect your project with CoinMarketCap API
- Learn different endpoints on CoinMarketCap API and how to utilize them
- Learn how to retrieve specific data from the API
- Learn how to connect API extension to Google Sheet
- Be more familiar with Crypto/Financial API data
- In Python Warm Up Session
- Learn several different data types in Python
- Learn function and parameter in Python
- Learn class and object in Python
- Learn how to operate JSON in Python
As most people said, the most effective way to learn is to learn by doing and that is exactly what you will accomplish in this course since you are not only going to be building crypto price data tracker with Python but also you learn many different disciplines at once, those are including but not only limited to intermediate programming, knowledge of cryptocurrency market, API endpoints, and Google Sheet API connector.
Who this course is for:
- People who trade cryptocurrency
- Python beginner who want to build crypto related project
- No programming experience is required. This course comes with additional python warm up session
- Dedication to learn and be innovative
Last Updated 3/2023