We are going to learn C#. This programming language is quite popular, because it allows us to program for different types of environments: desktop, web, mobile, games, artificial intelligence, internet of things, among others.
However, in order to develop effective applications with C#, it is important to know its fundamentals. In this course you will learn the most important characteristics of this language.
We will go from the basics to the advanced, so it is an ideal course for people who are just starting out, or, if you are an experienced person looking to learn new things, this course is also for you.
You don’t learn much simply by watching the other, so in this course I have included optional questions and problems, which will help you put what you have learned into practice. Do not worry if you do not know how to solve one of the problems, because I give you access to all the solutions of all the problems raised.
Some of the topics we will cover:
– How to declare and initialize variables
– Basic C# syntax
– How to work with numbers (int, double, decimal, float, among others)
– How to work with the string data type
– How to work with DateTime for date handling
– Value types and reference types
– Non-nullable reference types
– Expressions and operations
– Decisions (using if, the ternary operator and switch)
– Loops (using while, do-while, for and foreach)
– Jump statements and infinite loops
– How to transform from one type of data to another with casts
– How to work with arrays, indices and ranges
– Declare your own functions, using parameters and returning values
– Use tuples to return multiple values from a function
– Lambda expressions and anonymous functions
– Use classes, structs and records
– Introduction to object-oriented programming
– Error handling and debugging
– Accessing files using C#
– Accessing a database from a C# app (including working with stored procedures)
– Using LINQ to work with collections
– Using concurrency to handle asynchronous programming and parallelism
– New C# language features as they come out
These are just some of the topics we will look at.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners that want to learn C#
- Experienced C# developers that want to learn the latest features of the language
- You don’t really need to know that much, since we’ll start from the beginning (like, what is a variable)
Last Updated 2/2023