Linux is a powerful, open-source operating system that has become an integral part of modern computing. As a result, Linux system administration is a highly valuable skill for IT professionals and organizations alike. This course is designed for beginners who want to learn how to effectively administer and troubleshoot Linux systems.
The course begins with an introduction to Linux and its history, followed by an overview of the Linux file system and basic commands. You’ll then learn how to manage users and groups, configure network settings, and install and manage software packages.
As you progress through the course, you’ll gain practical skills in system administration, such as setting up and configuring services, managing processes, and monitoring system performance. You’ll also learn how to automate tasks using shell scripting and perform system backups and restore data in case of a disaster.
In addition, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot common Linux issues, such as network connectivity problems, file system errors, and package installation failures. You’ll explore troubleshooting methodologies and tools, and learn how to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
Throughout the course, you will learn skill that allow you to practice the skills you’ve learned in a safe, sandboxed environment. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on a project that demonstrates your understanding of Linux system administration and troubleshooting.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a solid understanding of Linux system administration and troubleshooting, and be well-equipped to manage Linux systems in a professional setting. Whether you’re interested in pursuing a career as a Linux system administrator or simply want to enhance your IT skills, this course is an excellent starting point.
Who this course is for:
- Cloud engineers who want to understand the fundamentals of Linux system administration and troubleshooting for cloud infrastructure
- DevOps engineers who want to gain a better understanding of Linux system administration to manage and deploy applications in production environments
- IT professionals who work in organizations that use cloud computing or DevOps tools and want to enhance their skills in Linux system administration and troubleshooting.
- Anyone interested in learning about Linux as an operating system and how it is used in various industries
- Students or beginners who want to learn Linux system administration and troubleshooting from scratch.
- System administrators who want to expand their knowledge of Linux and learn new skills in system administration
- Anyone interested in learning how to effectively administer and troubleshoot on Linux systems both RPM-based operating systems like CentOS, Fedora, and RHEL, as well as Debian-based operating systems like Ubuntu and Debian. is welcome to take this course
Last Updated 6/2023