As cyber threats continue to increase in frequency and complexity, the demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals has never been higher. With the rapid digitization of businesses and organizations, there is a growing need for experts who can identify and mitigate cyber risks to safeguard sensitive data and intellectual property. Transitioning into cybersecurity can be a smart career move for individuals seeking job security, competitive salaries, and opportunities for growth and advancement. Additionally, the field offers a range of roles and specializations, including cybersecurity analyst, network security engineer, ethical hacker, and security architect, among others, providing learners with a variety of career paths to choose from.
- The Cybersecurity Foundations Bootcamp is an intensive course designed to provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity concepts.
- This course covers the fundamentals of how computers function, including numbers, bits, hardware, and memory.
- Learners will gain knowledge of operating systems, including a high-level overview, the boot-up process, and the differences between Windows and Linux.
- The course will also cover networking concepts, including network organization, devices, IP addresses, and protocols, as well as router and switch configurations, subnetting, and security.
- In addition, learners will develop skills in analyzing network traffic through PCAP files, including header analysis, Wireshark usage, and identifying attacks.
- The course will delve into the Windows and Unix operating systems, including users, logging, processes, file systems, and commands, as well as the basics of vulnerability assessment and management.
- Finally, learners will gain an appreciation of encryption and public key infrastructure (PKI), as well as the security measures required to ensure network security.
- Upon completion of this course, learners will have the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in cybersecurity or to enhance their existing IT expertise in the field.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity.
- IT professionals who want to expand their knowledge in cybersecurity and improve their skills in the field.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about cybersecurity and is willing to invest time and effort into a comprehensive program.
- No prior experience is needed. This course was designed for those who are interested in transitioning into the world of IT/Tech/Cybersecurity
Last Updated 4/2023